The department offers many Respiratory related Investigation Services using State of the ArtEquipments. The Diagnostic Services offered include
- Pulmonary Function Test – Basic & Advanced (Spirometry , Lung Volumes, Lung Capacities and Diffusion Studies),
- Fibre-Optic Video Bronchoscopy
- Complete Polysomnography(Sleep Studies)
- 6 minute Walk Tests & Incremental Shuttle Walk Test
- Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis – for Nutritional Assessment.
- Round the clock Backup Laboratory and Radiology Services.
Therapeutic Services include
- Out-patient and In-patient Services with 24X7 Emergency and Critical Care Services,
- CPAP therapy &Non-Invasive Ventilatory Services,
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Services(First of its kind in Karnataka) offered to many Chronic Respiratory Disease patients which helps them to cope up with their Respiratory Disability.
The Department also has started many Academic Programmes in Pulmonary Medicine like DNB training Programmes accredited under the National Board of Examinations, New Delhi, since 2006. The department has also conducted many Pulmonary Education Programmes on Spirometry and NIV Procedures for the General Practitioners, General Physicians and Family Physicians under the guidance of“Academy of Pulmonary Education and Simulation”.